Tundra Restaurant Supply Media Info Page
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Quick Contest Facts
- Grand Prize: $20,000 - A restaurant design and product package to help one lucky restaurateur realize their dream restaurant concept
- Two (2) Home Chef Prizes: two $500 Tundra shopping sprees for home chefs who enter the two best home kitchen ideas
- Celebrity chef Kelly Liken, a finalist on Bravo's Top Chef, will sit on Dreamstaurant's panel of judges and help Tundra select the winner. Chef Kelly, owner and operator of Restaurant Kelly Liken, worked with Tundra's restaurant designer Jeff Katz on the design of her dream restaurant in Vail, CO.
- Contest timeline: Entries accepted from October 1, 2012 thru December 31, 2012. Winners will be announced January 21, 2013.
- Contest entries accepted at www.etundra.com/dreamstaurant. All entrants will then fill out a short survey to help them define their dream restaurant concept. From that survey Tundra will sort contestants based upon who they are - an aspiring restaurateur, a food service entrepreneur looking to remodel, or a home chef with a dream kitchen in mind.
- Those that qualify for the Grand Prize will receive a follow up survey and then Tundra will select the Grand Prize winner with the help of our professipanel. All other contestants will be eligible for the two second place prizes.
- In 2013, follow our winner's progress creating their Dreamstaurant on www.etundra.com
Prize Package Sponsors
Why, Who and What
- Tundra's mission is to achieve success through the success of our customers. That's why Tundra has decided to help one lucky food service entrepreneur realize their dream and start their own restaurant.
- The contest is great for aspiring restaurant owners, existing owners who want to remodel, and anyone who has ever dreamed about creating a dream home kitchen.
About Tundra Restaurant Supply
Tundra Restaurant Supply is an international distributor of top quality food service products, from equipment to parts to supplies.
Tundra was started by CEO Michael Lewis in Boulder, Colorado in 1993 – almost 20 years ago. During that time, they've grown from a small specialty parts company to an international distributor with a comprehensive catalog of over 50,000 food service products.
In 2010, Tundra acquired Cen Tex Supply Co., a 60-year-old local provider of disposable supplies and cleaning products. In 2011, they acquired the foodservice division of National Eco Wholesale, an eco-friendly disposable products segment that includes Boulder-based Eco-Products.
In January 2012, Tundra added a restaurant design center to expand their services, and hired renowned restaurant designer Jeff Katz as VP of the Tundra Design Group. Katz has worked on restaurants such as The Kitchen and Matsuhisa. Tundra now offers a complete suite of services for customers who are opening a new location or remodeling an existing one, including design and consulting services, and complete equipment and supplies packages.
In July 2012, Tundra acquired Superior Commercial Kitchens Inc., a design firm specializing in restaurants and health care based out of Louisville, CO. Their most recent acquisition allows them to further expand into the health care, golf and resort industries.
Currently Tundra leases 64,000 square feet of space in a warehouse at 3825 Walnut Street in Boulder, Colorado and ships out over 800 boxes a day to their growing customer base!
Grand Prize Judge Chef Kelly Liken
Chef Kelly Liken owns and operates Restaurant Kelly Liken in Vail, CO - an Open Table Diner's Choice Winner in 2012. Chef Kelly hails from Pittsburgh, PA but has always thought of herself as a "small town girl at heart."
She graduated first in her class at the Culinary Institute of America, was a finalist on Bravo's Top Chef in 2010, a two-time James Beard semi-finalist, and has been called one of America's most promising female chefs.
Grand Prize Judge Chef Ian Kleinman
Chef Ian Kleinman is a pioneering molecular gastronomist and owner/operator of The Inventing Room , a unique catering and food entertainment company based in Denver, CO.
Chef Ian has been cooking since the age of seven, when he helped out on the line at his father's restaurant in Breckenridge, CO. Since then he has worked behind the scenes at many popular Denver restaurants, including O's Steak & Seafood, The Rialto Cafe, and Rattlesnake Grill.
Our Founder - Michael Lewis
Tundra founder Michael Lewis has been a food service parts guru for most of his adult life, and he helped build one of the largest parts distributors in the country as a co-owner back in New Jersey. In the early 90's, however, he sold his part of that company and moved his family to Boulder, Colorado, to be closer to the great Rocky Mountains.
It wasn't long before Michael founded Tundra Restaurant Supply as an outlet for his vast knowledge of restaurant parts and plumbing supplies, and to express his vision for what a company should be: customer focused, founded on strong core values, and engaged with the local community.
Our President - Ryan Lewis
Ryan Lewis' father, Michael Lewis, founded Tundra in 1993. Ryan grew up around Tundra (he claims that the company is "really a part of my DNA.")
Officially he started in 2003 and over the next six years he worked in every department in the company and oversaw the launch of Tundra's ecommerce website in 2005.
Ryan became Tundra's President in 2010.
Our Designer - Jeff Katz
Jeff Katz has been designing restaurants for over 30 years, both in Colorado, and across the country. Locally, Katz has worked on restaurants such as The Kitchen, Restaurant Kelly Liken and Matsuhisa.
He is a graduate of the Cornell School of Hospitality, and founded his own design consulting firm in 1974.
In 2012 he joined Tundra as VP of the Tundra Design Group, which provides a complete suite of restaurant design and opening package services.
Click on logos to download for print.
High Resolution Images
Please give photo credit to Tundra Restaurant Supply
Click on YouTube icon in video player to embed video.