The Victorinox 41799 Steak Knife is a classic, reliable, tried and true member of the cutlery family. With numerous variations and customizations, the steak knife has served both restaurants and their patrons through pounds of pork and countless cuts of beef. A table knife that’s generally used for steak, this knife has a 5 inch serrated blade to make slicing through your favorite cut clean and easy. Forged construction creates a thicker, heavier blade, and this knife’s black POM (plastic over molded) handle provides a snug fit and is ergonomically designed to help reduce wrist tension. If a fine tipped blade is more your style and taste look no further! An excellent addition to any cutlery kit, you can’t go wrong with a good steak knife.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Victorinox 5 in Serrated Steak Knife:
I did quite a bit of research before selecting these steak knives and I'm very pleased with my purchase.
What I like:
* The overall price compared to other similar quality steak knives is very good.
* These are very attractive looking steak knives.
* The quality of the blade and finish of the handle are very good. These have a full tang which is quite heavy duty. The overall heft is nicely weighted.
* Moderately sharp out of the box.
What I didn't like:
* The handle is quite 'thin' and feels more appropriate to my wife's smaller hands than mine.
* The serrated style blade has quite small serrations (not micro though) which tends to 'grind' the meat as it's cutting if you're not careful and cut with rapid motion and moderate amount of downward pressure.
Overall I'm very pleased with these knives as they are worlds above the previous set we owned which were "stainless" with hollow handles. They look and feel great with the one exception mentioned. We hand wash although I don't doubt they would do fine in the dishwasher.
Service and delivery comments:
had what i needed at a cheaper price than anywhere else i could find
Do you have questions about this product?
get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:Would this work for customers to sliced their own baguettes?
A:I recommend using one of our bread knives for slicing baguettes. Please see my recommendations below.
A:Of course.... although with the serrated edge it can tend to 'shred' the bread a bit.
A:I believe it would work beautifully.
A:Yes, a steak knife will work to cut though baguettes.
Shopping on etundra.com is safe and secure! All information is encrypted and transmitted without risk using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
etundra.com respects your privacy. We don't rent or sell your personal information to anyone.Read More
Track your orders online, view your order history and more!