1. Be sure the MOTOR and HEAT switches are in the “OFF” position. (Cord should also be
unplugged from outlet.)
2. Allow the SPINNING HEAD unit and components to cool down to a temperature that is safe to
3. Remove the four retaining nuts and leather floaters on the top of the SPINNING HEAD unit.
4. Remove the top from the SPINNING HEAD unit by lifting it off.
5. Remove the slinger plate by loosening the two nylon acorn nuts in the center.
6. Disconnect the two heater lead terminations by removing the two nuts (3/8” Hex) and removing
the leads from the studs.
7. Remove the outer screen assembly with the heating element by sliding it straight up.
8. The top and the screen assembly with heating element can be cleaned by immersing in hot
water and mild detergent.
9. The head base is now accessible for removing the sugar residue by manual cleaning with a
10. After allowing the components to dry completely, the screen assembly with heating element can
be reassembled by placing the items on the head base.
11. Reconnect the two heater lead terminations with the two nuts (3/8” Hex) be sure to route the
wire leads as to avoid any sharp bends.
12. Reinstall the slinger plate using two nylon acorn nuts.
13. Reassemble the top and secure with the four retaining nuts. Leather floater should be installed
on two opposing studs.
I have also attached a document to the "Learn More" tab that demonstrates how to remove the spinning head.
Answered on 7/1/2011 by Molly from Boulder, CO